Every dollar you raise will help Stepping Stone House extend our services so even more young people can find a safe, secure home and get the support they need to create a better future for themselves. Thank you!
Here’s some basic tips to get your fundraising campaign underway:
- Lead by example and sponsor yourself! This sets the tone and shows your contacts just how serious you are about the cause.
- Set a fundraising goal and tell everyone about it. Don’t be afraid to aim high – after all, the more you can raise, the more young people you’ll help!
- Spread the word! Tell all your colleagues, friends and family that you’re going Sleeping Under the Stars – and ask them to donate in support of your effort to end youth homelessness! They’ll be proud to know you’re standing in solidarity with a vulnerable young person who has no place of their own.
- See if your employer will match your fundraising – many generous employers match dollar for dollar – its worth finding out if yours is among them.
- Share – Social Media is your fundraising friend. It’s also a great way to encourage people to join you at the event.
- Don’t be afraid to remind people – People are busy, and might forget to donate even though they want to. Send regular updates, reminding people of your goal every week – and don’t forget to ask them to help you meet it!